What is yoga nidra
Yoga nidra is also called Sleep Meditation it is also known as yogic sleep. It is a state of consciousness between sleeping and waking, In this state the body becomes completely relaxed, and the one who is practicing becomes systematically aware of the inner world just by following a set of various instructions. It had been practiced in the 5th Limb of the Yoga . By Practicing this type of yoga prepares a person for many other types of meditation.
Yoga Nidra or “yogic sleep” is actually a guided meditation which is done by lying comfortably in Shavasana; on the back, on the feet hip distance apart, with an arms away from your body. You actually surrender yourself to the experience only by closing your eyes and by following the guidance.
It is also called as effortless relaxation. Which essential for any yoga pose sequence. Just like the way the yoga postures warm your body, the same way yoga nidra cools your body.
Yoga postures will increases the energy levels in your body and yoga nidra act as tool which helps in conserving this form of energy and relaxing the entire body. Hence it is also essential to practice this yoga nidra( yogic sleep) after ending the yoga sequence.
In yoga nidra, we actually do is – Take our attention to the different body parts of our body consciously and relax them. Remember, it is totally an effortless process and there is a conscious relaxation. For eg when you hear the word apple, you actually don’t put an effort to remember what and how it looks like. When You hear it and the next moment the image flashes through your mind. Same way you don’t need to put your focus or concentration when you hear what a hand is. You automatically interpret what it is. There is no need for you to touch any part physically, you just have to take your whole attention towards them, that’s it.
It gives complete body relaxation including joints , ligaments , muscles , organs , mind , heart , lungs , vital systems of body etc.
One can get rid of day to day stress which actually arise due to social , professional , financial circumstances.
Relaxed and stable condition of body during yoga nidra is favorable bodily condition for proper breathing (deep inhalations and long exhalations ) which actually further tends to calmer mind, more mindful hours, noticeably effective & productive hours during day,it also improves concentration and memory in a way healthier , happier and blessed life.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- when practicing yoga nidra even as a complete novice this process has profound the real benefits.
- It also Helps in relaxation of body and mind, it also Reduces stress and stress related all the complications in a efficient way to obtain sleep, awakens creativity, trains our mind.
- It is also the primary and the most effective technique which also develops a concentrated awareness (mindfulness).
- The so called enlightenment begins only when you are naturally aware without thinking or without any emotional involvement with your thoughts. This is also the experience of Yoga Nidra.
- It Lowers the Blood Pressure upto 10–15% within the first 10 min
- It also Releases muscular and nervous tension.
- The consciousness mind also becomes sub conscious in a sleep state.
- The deep seated conflicts and mental programming actually rises from the unconscious mind and it is also resolved due to the awareness without any mental or emotional attachments